13 January 2009

El mar.

On Sunday I went walking around my neighborhood. I went down Diputacio to Passeig Sant Joan and walked to the Arc de Triomf (in Catalan). It is a very beautiful reddish-colored arch quite different from the Parisian Arc de Triomphe in terms of its artistic style. From there I walked through Parc de la Ciutadella to port area, Port Vell. 

It was a really beautiful sunny day, not too cold at all. The whole area is very nice. There are lots of shops selling gofres (waffles with chocolate or other toppings) as well as a big mall, movie theatre, aquarium, carousel, and IMAX. 

Monday was a pretty normal day. Classes and home again. Today I've gotten home from class already and I am planning to maybe go out with some friends after dinner, around 9. 

Here is a sort of boardwalk leading to the mall out on the water. 


Here is a famous statue of Cristobal Colon (Christopher Columbus). He is supposed to be pointing to America, but he is actually pointing to Italy. You can see some mountains there in the background.


Just your friendly lobster statue.


No comments: