01 May 2009

"Single Ladies" and Sangría


The last day of Liz, Evelyn, Kathleen, and Julie's visit was really fun. We got up, had our coffee and packed, and headed to the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya, where we got a very good idea of what the Modernisme versus Noucentisme movements are and how cool Ramon Casas is. (Well, I can only speak for myself I suppose.) From there we went to Cerveceria Catalana, since Ev and Kathleen had not been there, and it was just as good as ever. The bacon, date and cheese flauta is pretty much the perfect sandwich. 


After lunch we went to Casa Milà, or La Pedrera, the Gaudí apartment building on Passeig de Gràcia. I am glad that I got to do all the touristy stuff that I wanted to do before while these gals were visiting. We spent our evening hanging out, eating some more manchego cheese, watching funny YouTube videos (and attempting to learn the dance to Single Ladies--one of my still unrealized goals in life), and preparing ourselves for waking up at 5 a.m. the next morning. 

No comments: