06 July 2009

Munchen


Here is the old town square in Munich. Munich was a lovely city in which we spent only about a day. We came in from Vienna on the train, where we met this weird guy Sylvester who was from Germany but had just lived in Austin for the previous five years. (Small world.) Alex and I got a pretzel as soon as we got in to Munich since that is supposed to be their food specialty. It was stuffed with butter and chives. Kind of strange, but tasted alright except for how salty it was.

We then got some lunch at Burger King and as I recall they messed up my order, meaning I did not have it my way. We got to our hostel, which was super cheap AND had the added bonus of not having anyone there in the room with us (even though it was supposed to be a six bed dorm). I did a phone interview for the job at the British Consulate that I ended up not getting. Blegh. We then walked all over the city, going to the Residenz and the Englischer garden. Our dinner was some tasty swiss cheese, a baguette, and a chicken. Alex got a special Munich beer and I had some apple juice. It was one of our most fun meals. We ended up eating, playing Rapido (card game), and watching YouTube.


I wish we could have worn these sweet German clothes I saw somewhere downtown.

No comments: